I never intended on this being a shortcut recipe. Brownies do not take long, nor are they a difficult thing to make. But I was just so worn out from work and life, and I did not want to let the raspberries I had picked from my in-law’s backyard go to waste. Thus, we have this instinctual thrown-together recipe; Shortcut Chocolate Brownies using Trader Joe’s Brownie Truffle Baking Mix. I also noticed that a lot of the recipes require you to make a batter out of your cream cheese. Nope, I didn’t do that. I just added a little 1/2 + 1/2 to cream cheese until it was malleable.
- 2 boxes Trader Joe's Brownie Truffle Baking Mix
- I just followed the box recipe, but instead of using 2 sticks of butter, I only used 1.
- 4 oz Trader Joe's Cream Cheese, softened room temp
- 1 TB half + half, add more if you need to
- 6 oz raspberries
- Preheat 350
- Grease your 9 x 13 pan.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Let slightly cool and then whisk in eggs until blended. Add to brownie mix and stir. Add to your prepped pan.
- Mix softened cream cheese and half + half together until relatively smooth; it'll still look chunky-ish. Dot blobs of cream cheese in various locations on top of brownie batter and run a knife through the cheese to incorporate with batter.
- Chuck raspberries randomly throughout the batter + cheese, slightly pressing them down into the batter.
- Bake for 45 min - 1 hour, check with a toothpick (or tip of knife) at the 45 min mark.
Tip: After you place your butter into your chosen melting receptacle, use the residual butter on the wax wrapper to butter your pan.